Just to make sure you’re in the right place: If you want the science Colin or the Canadian Colin, I’m not your guy. I’m the game-designing Colin, the fiction-writing Colin, the wordy Colin.
Which is to say: I am a narrative designer for games, and was the Creative Lead for the extra-word-laden Torment: Tides of Numenera, developed by inXile entertainment. Check out that sweet art above.
If you’ve heard my name in the context of games, it was probably because you played the aforementioned Torment, Paizo’s Pathfinder RPG, TSR’s Planescape or Birthright campaign settings, or Black Isle’s Planescape: Torment. You can check out the Bibliography/Ludography page to be sure.
Other stuff I’m doing or have done recently:
- Shattered Tower, a multiplayer adventure/puzzle/climbing game for Oculus.
- Space Dragon for the Oculus and Vive.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 with Larian.
- Wasteland 3, currently in development at inXile.
- Torment: Tides of Numenera, four years of work. I’m proud of it.
- Book 2 of Oathbreaker is out.
If you’ve heard my name in the context of fiction, it was almost certainly because of “Oathbreaker”. Want to read it? Here’s a page of handy links.
If you want to see what I have to say about stuff, take a look at the occasionally updated blog. You should, too – it’s fascinating and infrequently updated! (I should also mention that I am the modest Colin)